Blue Cross Raffle T&Cs
“Blue Cross”, “we”, “us” and “our” shall be a reference to Blue Cross, registered charity number 224392 (England and Wales) and SC040154 (Scotland) “entrants” “you” and “your” means a person entering into the Blue Cross Raffle.
Blue Cross Raffles are open to all mainland Great Britain residents over the age of 18 and those residing in Northern Ireland (this excludes Isle of Man, Channel Islands and BFPO addresses according to Gambling Act 2005 regulations).
1) The cost of each ticket is £1. Entrants may purchase more than one ticket, payment must be in advance. Only entries for which full payment has been made will be eligible to win a prize. Blue Cross is not responsible for any delays in bank payments.
2) Entrants accept that Blue Cross is the promoter of the raffle which is regulated by the Gambling Commission under legislation laid down in the Gambling Act 2005 as amended. Responsible Person: Julia McKechnie-Burke, Director of Fundraising, Marketing and Communications, Blue Cross, Shilton Road, Burford, OX18 4PF. By purchasing raffle tickets and participating in the draw, you accept these terms and conditions.
3) You agree and warrant that:
3.1 You are aged 18 or over;
3.2 You will not buy or purport to buy an entry into this raffle on behalf of anybody under the age of 18;
3.3 You will provide accurate entry information, including your name and personal address; and
3.4 You are not an employee of Blue Cross, the External Lottery Manager or anyone else directly connected or responsible for running the raffle.
Blue Cross may request that you confirm and substantiate your compliance with this clause 3. Any person not complying with this clause 3 will be disqualified from the Blue Cross Raffle and automatically forfeits the right to any prize.
4) Ticket stubs must be returned to arrive before the closing date of each raffle. The draw date for each raffle will be printed on the tickets and on the website. Any late entries will be transferred to the next Blue Cross Raffle.
5) The raffle draw will take place on the draw date of each raffle. The draw will be conducted by a random number generator that has been tested and approved by an independent, Gambling Commission approved, third-party test house.
6) The winners will be published on winbigforpets.bluecross.org.uk/winners and will be available from the Raffle Helpline on 01628 511 703. Results will be available within 14 days of the draw.
7) Prizes for the raffle are published on the Blue Cross Win Big for Pets website. There are no alternatives to any prize, and no interest will be payable. Winners of prizes will be notified and paid by cheque within 21 days of the draw. Where the winners cannot be contacted after 90 days, the prize money will be treated as a Blue Cross donation. Any cheques remaining uncashed for over 6 months will be cancelled and the prize withdrawn.
8) No tickets to be sold to or by any person in the street.
9) All profits from the raffle will be used for the charitable purposes of Blue Cross. Registered Charity 224392 (England and Wales) and SCO40154 (Scotland).
10) No liability is accepted for loss, theft or delayed receipt of any communication sent by post (including any cheque sent in the post) or any delays in bank payments.
Blue Cross reserves the right to use the winner’s name for promotional purposes. These will only be in summary, for example Mrs. Smith from Berkshire.
12) Blue Cross or its External Lottery Manager may (without giving any reason or notice) refuse to accept an application, cancel an existing subscription or terminate or suspend the raffle scheme. Blue Cross or its External Lottery Manager’s decisions made in accordance with the rules shall, once made, be final and binding. All entrants are solely responsible for providing and (where necessary) updating Blue Cross with their accurate and up to date contact details and Blue Cross will be in no way liable for any failure or inability to contact any member due to any errors, omissions or inaccuracies in the contact details that the member has provided.
13) The rules are subject to change by Blue Cross or its External Lottery Manager.
14) The Promoter operates a Complaints and Disputes Procedure. If you have a complaint you can ring our Raffle Team on 01628 511 703. If you are unhappy with the way a complaint is resolved you can contact the Independent Betting Adjudication Service (IBAS). IBAS acts as an impartial adjudicator on disputes that arise between betting/gambling operators and their customers.
15) Blue Cross is committed to ensure that information about how to gamble responsibly and how to access information and help in respect of problem gambling is readily available to all. Please refer to the Blue Cross website winbigforpets.bluecross.org.uk/problem-gambling or request from the Raffle Helpline on 01628 511 703.
16) Due to legal reasons, all tickets sent to supporters in Northern Ireland can only be purchased by the named individual and cannot be sold onto family and friends or other individuals.
17) To enter the online raffle an entrant must self-certify that they are the required age to play. A confirmation email will be sent to the entrant confirming their numbers in the draw and thanking them for their participation. Random age verification checks are carried out at regular intervals. If an entrant is found to be under the required age their payment will be returned and they will not be entered into the draw.
18) In order to promote responsible gambling, it is recommended that no more than 60 chances are to be purchased per person per raffle.
19) Entries must not be bought on behalf of somebody else.
20) Material changes to this raffle are not predicted to happen, but in the event that this occurs you will be notified by email 14 days in advance of any changes.